Friday, June 28, 2013

A faithful heart, and a steadfast love

One of my favorite book series I've read since I was thirteen are the Millie Keith series by Martha Finely (the author of the Elsie Dinsmore books, which I love as well).

Millie's character reminds me of well, me. She's one for adventure, as me, and she seeks the Lord with all her heart -- what I am trying to do. Her character was like a "role-model" to me in my early teen years. And, as I got older, her love-situation sparked more interest to me. See, there is this young man she unwillingly falls in love with - even though he's not a Christian. When I reread her story a few weeks ago, it made me think, what would I do if I was in her situation? Would I keep to my faith and not marry a man who isn't a true believer, even if I loved him?

I wish to have a steadfast love 
as this book is titled
a steadfast love for Jesus Christ



and a faithful heart
a heart that remains ever-so faithful to my King Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for reading my blog! I love comments, so post as many as you like. Keep in mind to be respectful to others and me. No inappropriate comments will be published.