Sunday, June 30, 2013

Draw me nearer, Lord

So only a week ago, I embarked on a journey by myself. Well, not really by myself. With some of my dearest friends. We did ministry work together. And that was helping the disabled. Though I knew they were disabled in some way, I also knew they were people -- just like you and me.

 During camp, I think the Lord was showing me things -- things I'm still not clear about. Maybe showing me in what direction my life should go... *in a Pooh Bear's voice* think, think, think.

Then only last night did I make a teeny connection. I listened to a song called "Draw Me Nearer" which is one of the most beautiful songs ever. And as I listened to the words, that was my prayer to God.

For Your nearness Lord I hunger
For Your nearness Lord I wait
Hold me ever closer Father
Such a love I can't escape

For Your nearness I am hoping
For Your nearness Lord I long
Have no need of any other
I have found where I belong
Yes, I have found where I belong

I realized how much I longed for His closeness. To know Him more and more. To draw nearer to the God of my salvation, the God of my hope.

Now what does this all have to do with camp, you wonder? Without digging too deep, let's just say I was struggling with something that kept my focus off God. And during camp, I was able to loss focus of that thing because I was focusing on the work at hand. Then when I came back to civilization (*wink*), I began losing focus. I started thinking on what to do, how to keep my eyes on Jesus. 

As I mentioned above, I heard that song, listened ever-so closely to the lyrics, and knew what I wanted. To draw nearer to my Lord. For Him to be my true joy; my Comfort. The One I will give my utmost worship and praise to.

I have a Bible verse that will be on my mind frequently from now on....

Come near to God, and He will come near to you. 
James 4:8

Oh, and camp was great this year. Though it wasn't my first, it, (unless I will be able to go in the future) was my last. And a great camp week it was. :D




2 comments:

  1. Funny, not what you wrote, but I have been struggling to keep my focus on God too. And being at camp, i think God showed me what was important for me to do.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for reading my blog! I love comments, so post as many as you like. Keep in mind to be respectful to others and me. No inappropriate comments will be published.