Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pray for the Nations

This month's (even if February is halfway over) country is one that I love. I honestly do not remember how I fell in love with this country. Maybe because of the beautiful landscape, the animals, the jungle-ness of it. *shrugs*
All I know is that Brazil has been on my heart for a number of years. 


Religion(s): Roman Catholic 64.6%, other Catholic 0.4%, Protestant 22.2% (includes Adventist 6.5%, Assembly of God 2.0%, Christian Congregation of Brazil 1.2%, Universal Kingdom of God 1.0%, other Protestant 11.5%), other Christian 0.7%, Spiritist 2.2%, other 1.4%, none 8%, unspecified 0.4%
Main language: Portuguese
Ethic Groups: white 47.7%, mulatto (mixed white and black) 43.1%, black 7.6%, Asian 1.1%, indigenous 0.4% (2010 est.)

©junglechica2015
This is a folder I created several
years ago. Perhaps in 2010?
While VOM didn't have Brazil as a restricted or hostile nation, (nor anything on the country for that matter) I remember from past researches that this is a country in need of prayer. For people of other religions to see the truth of the Gospel.
For those unknown, unspecified people groups most likely hidden deep in the jungles of the Amazon.
For the street children, for the drug dealers, for the people living in sin in Rio de Janeiro.


A country alive with beauty and culture, yet still stuck in ugly darkness. 
Source: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for reading my blog! I love comments, so post as many as you like. Keep in mind to be respectful to others and me. No inappropriate comments will be published.